Resolving page titles after changing file extensions

I just ran into an interesting situation that I'm hoping you can help me solve.  We are in the process of migrating content from ASP to ASPX, so the file extension is changing.  Content migration will be continuing over the next few months.

When I run a page summary report for a date range prior to migration, I'm getting 404 errors showing up as the page title.  Obviously, NI tries to resolve titles based on real-time lookup of URLs and, since the old URL no longer works, it returns a 404 Page Not Found as the title.

I was looking at the Page Title options for the profile (mapping, resolved, unresolved) but I'm not sure if they would help solve my problem efficiently.  We have approx. 5,000 pages, so I was a little concerned about having to make a few thousand entries into a filter.  Is there a way to have NI replace one URL with another when it goes through page title resolution without having to enter a line per page (RexEx perhaps)?  Or, perhaps there's a more eloquent solution?

Thanks,

Mike

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Mike,

This is a little tricky and will depend on your CMS but you could use the ODBC / MySQL / etc.. plugin to do a page title lookup. It is much faster than the page parsing title lookup (which pulls the page down and grabs whatever is between the title tags) and it gives you the flexibility to write a simple SELECT statement. That SELECT statement is where you can get creative and use either a CASE statement or some other method to cover both ASP or ASPX extensions.

I hope this sets you in the right direction.

Lee Isensee
Director, Product Strategy
Search Discovery
http://www.searchdiscovery.com

Happy New Year Lee,

This is a promising potential soluiton.  I wasn't aware of this plugin.  I just did a quick search and came across a PDF on Unica Affinium NetInsight Data Conduit for ODBC. Any idea if this conduit came with the NetInsight install or is it something I have to download?

Thanks for following up.

Mike

Hi Mike,

It was later available on the IBM download image for NetInsight but if your original download was from Unica or the early stages of IBM then it was a separate download. I have reached out to the old team inside IBM to see if they can make the NTDI plugins available outside of the IBM pay-wall now that they product has been deprecated.

Once I know more / have the download location I will let you know.

Lee Isensee
Director, Product Strategy
Search Discovery
http://www.searchdiscovery.com

Hi Mike,

I spoke with folks at IBM and currently the only data conduit that is posted on the IBM portal is for 64-bit Linux.

They bundled the rest of the data conduits were bundled into the product releases directly and thus there are no downloads.
There is currently a bug in the data conduits because of libcurl, but IBM has not committed to fixing that because it hasn't been requested. There is a 50/50 chance that they would be willing to release an update though.

Another option is to file a PMR (support) ticket and an exception can be made on a case by case basis at the discretion of the Support Manager. My understanding is that the Support Manager has been rather helpful in getting these things addressed.

I wish I could help more with getting the data conduit in your hands but it seems you need to reach behind the Blue Iron Curtain. Once you do have it I can help you figure out the configuration file process - it is rather straight forward but the configuration file looks messy.

Lee Isensee
Director, Product Strategy
Search Discovery
http://www.searchdiscovery.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Wendy Ertter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service