Hello!

I'm running a simple two dimensional reports in NetInsight, for example: 

First dimension: An event based custom parameter

Second dimension: State/Province

Metric: Number of Events

The report either times out or returns an error. The query is not very complex since I've processed these kind of reports before. 

The error that I see is "parallel query died unexpectedly"

Is this issue related to NetInsight or is it server related? Where do I look to determine what the problem is?

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hello Swathi,

The error you are getting is direct from Oracle, specifically ORA-12805. There could be a couple reasons for this to appear but the obvious ones are due to the Oracle configuration for the NetInsight user being restricted and the other, which may be more likely, is your Events/Parameters table is partitioned with parallelism enabled and for some reason it didn't carry over to the updated webschema.xml for the partitioned profile.

I would check the partitioning scheme, the webschema.xml for the profile (declared in the profile config), and then the NetInsight user permissions on the DB.

Lee Isensee
Director, Solutions Engineering and Product Strategy
Localytics
http://www.localytics.com

Lee,

Regarding to your answer,

Is it possible to partition the events/parameters table?

As far as I know the paramaters table only have the parameterID and the eventID, so I don't know how could it be to create partitions by date.

Thanks!

Lee Isensee said:

Hello Swathi,

The error you are getting is direct from Oracle, specifically ORA-12805. There could be a couple reasons for this to appear but the obvious ones are due to the Oracle configuration for the NetInsight user being restricted and the other, which may be more likely, is your Events/Parameters table is partitioned with parallelism enabled and for some reason it didn't carry over to the updated webschema.xml for the partitioned profile.

I would check the partitioning scheme, the webschema.xml for the profile (declared in the profile config), and then the NetInsight user permissions on the DB.

Lee Isensee
Director, Solutions Engineering and Product Strategy
Localytics
http://www.localytics.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Wendy Ertter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service