Enhancment Requests - What have you requested?

Hello everyone!

I recently sent over a list of enhancement requests that I would like to see in future releases of the product. I am curious if these resonate with you and what other enhancement requests people have submitted. They do say squeaky wheels get the grease ;)

Here is my list to date:
1.The ability to set up and send automated email tasks and alerts from the interface without involving TAM

2. Ability to create a nested hierarchy with the content groups that can be applied to all reports

3. Explicit and/or logic when creating filters or custom metrics

4. Enhanced funnel analysis with entry and exit paths explicit entry and exit paths

5. Time Indicator on processing reports

6. Excel Builder Plug-in

7. Apply view across all profiles from the application

8. Calendaring and trending functionality is poor need to add by day, month, day year and custom on trend reports

9. The option to add a trend graph to any report

10. Profiles dropdown so I can switch between profiles quicker

11. Ability to save comparative time periods as an attribute of a report

12. Ability to Save/Update Report from report screen instead of having to go to the Custom tab or Report Builder

13. Ability to save report from any step in process and not require paging through all the screens. A save an exit option?

14. Application to calculate subtotal and total metrics like pages per visit

15. Change number format of dashboard items such as the way time and pages per visit are displayed.

16. Customer Facing API

17. Average Recency Metrics

18. Ability to enter a contact list and select users from the interface

19. Auto Populate search/filter by fields available dimensions

P.S. I have submitted the these to my TAM as well.

Views: 91

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a great list, Breanna!

I've requested:

Flash Page Views – We need the ability for many of our clients to track a new Flash screen or AJAX view as a page view and not as an event. I understand there are work-arounds with events but a new page is often defined as 50% or more of the content changing (thus a new page view). This allows us to track a 100% Flash site as any other web experience with metrics for time spent, pathing, etc. We essentially need a new function similar to ntptTrackEvent that we can call after a page loads that does not force pv=0. This would work for AJAX too.

Friendly Page Names Hierarchy – We need the ability to replace the page title with a friendly label onsite (rather that via the administrative interface). Ideally, we could build this friendly page name in a way that also enables us to break down into categories and sub-categories. For example, we would set the following:

level1=website name (makes an easy dimension for rollup metrics)
level2=site section
level3=sub-section
level4=page name

The result would be that the URL would be replaced with “/ level2 / level3 / level4” for the page report and pathing reports. This makes reports easier to read and understand. The level parameters should also be available as their own individual parameters in a hierarchy so that one can drill up or down in the categories to report on specific metrics such as unique visitors.

I would add to your #3 (as this one is important to me as well) the ability to combine more than two metrics into a formula for a custom metric.

I would add to your #8 the ability to compare trends in the graphs for two or more items (in the same graph).
Hello Wendy,

Have you spoken to your TAM about using the pv=1 flag to force a page view for your Flash content?
There are a number of Flash only sites that have the same problem that you point out but it isn't required that the flash content be event driven only.
Something to keep in mind, NetInsight will assume that the request is a page view unless one of two conditions; ev= is present or pv=0 is set.

For the page naming matter, this is something that a number of our customers (both on premise and on demand) are easily handling - perhaps something is being missed in translation. NetInsight can easily be configured to capture an additional page tag parameter (such as pname=*) as the page title. Then it is just a matter of using this pname parameter for your title. For NetInsight OnDemand the TAM can set this up for you no problem!

I hope this provides some clarity,

Lee Isensee
Unica Corporation

Wendy Ertter said:

I've requested:

Flash Page Views – We need the ability for many of our clients to track a new Flash screen or AJAX view as a page view and not as an event. I understand there are work-arounds with events but a new page is often defined as 50% or more of the content changing (thus a new page view). This allows us to track a 100% Flash site as any other web experience with metrics for time spent, pathing, etc. We essentially need a new function similar to ntptTrackEvent that we can call after a page loads that does not force pv=0. This would work for AJAX too.

Friendly Page Names Hierarchy – We need the ability to replace the page title with a friendly label onsite (rather that via the administrative interface). Ideally, we could build this friendly page name in a way that also enables us to break down into categories and sub-categories. For example, we would set the following:

level2=site section
level3=sub-section
level4=page name

The result would be that the URL would be replaced with “/ level2 / level3 / level4” for the page report and pathing reports. This makes reports easier to read and understand. The level parameters should also be available as their own individual parameters in a hierarchy so that one can drill up or down in the categories to report on specific metrics such as unique visitors.

I would add to your #3 (as this one is important to me as well) the ability to combine more than two metrics into a formula for a custom metric.

I would add to your #8 the ability to compare trends in the graphs for two or more items (in the same graph).
Hi Lee,

I have spoken with support and my TAM on the Flash tracking issue and both have said it can't currently be done. All of the functions we can call from Flash to tag a screen force pv=0. My understanding is this includes ntptEventTag, ntptLinkTag, and ntptSubmitTag.

The page naming matter is not simply rewriting the page title with one parameter but with a group of parameters. These parameters make up a hierarchical structure for roll-up and drill-down on the categories and sub-categories of the site. I recognize this can be done with extra coding, a SQL function, and a data conduit but I believe this should be available out of the box.

Regards,
Wendy
Wendy,

I completely agree that this is an important enhancement that Unica needs to make to NetInsight. As a media site, we look at the data in many different ways an understanding how that information roles up while still using a common vernacular that the business owners can understand is critical to adoption.
Great list, ladies. I agree with all of the above, and would add:

1. API for pulling out data programmatically.

2. Better documentation. I love the product and the people, but the documentation is awful!!

3. Visitor-based campaign handling. How do you measure when your campaign brings people to the site, but they don't convert until a later visit?

4. Meaningful path reports. If someone was sitting on Page X 10,000 times, I want to know how many times the next click was Page Y, Page Z, etc.

5. Report configuration downloaded with a CSV. Date range, filters added are not part of the report name or report, so if you download more than one, it's easy to lose track of what's what.

6. Ability to choose date range and granularity independently: e.g. set up a report for last 3 months, daily granularity without having to rerun several times.

7. Put all Report Builder options on one screen: let me check boxes, pick from dropdowns, etc. and be done with it!

Looking back, my #1 is the same as one of your enhancements, Breanna, but it's so important I'm leaving it on my list, too!

Angie
I have gotten some great feedback and support from Unica around these enhancement requests. As a new customer, It is great to see that they are listening and responding - social media at its best!!

I was excited to learn that most of the above items are being addressed and some maybe released by the end of the year. It was also interesting to learn that some of the items have solutions that the TAM can coordinate and Uncia is considering adding to the application out of the box.

Upcoming releases include:
-Excel builder plug-in
- API
-Explicit and/or logic when creating filters or custom metrics

Others on the 2009/2010 roadmap include:
- The ability to schedule email tasks and alerts from the interface
- Explicit and/or logic when creating filters or custom metrics
- Application to calculate subtotal and total metrics like pages per visit
I haven't tried this in production yet, but just fiddling around in my sandbox I've been able to follow Tim Benhart's (Unica Senior Consultant) instructions on creating a "fake" page view that should work in Flash as a Flash Page View.

ntptEventTag('lc=http://www.site.com/Flash or AJAX Tab Name');

The lc can be a fake URL, it just needs to be different from the current lc value and have the same domain as your website. You can add an additional name/value pairs as needed. So simple it's hard to believe, but it seems to work.

Wendy Ertter said:

I've requested:

level2=site section
level3=sub-section
level4=page name

Couple of thoughts about what's available right now..

Unless this is different version of the tag or you have some odd per-environment setting, pv=1 really should over-ride the default setting of ntptEventTag.

try ntptEventTag('lc=/fake-page-name-from-flash&pv=1')

(if this is from flash, you'll need to wrap that in a call from the AS environment, but that shouldn't be too much trouble.

There is an API - I don't know how 'official' it is, but I've used it with real customers and it's okay. (I've made one myself, but a pre-built (hackable!) GUI in Excel would be sweeeet)

The page name hierarchy is quite feasible - again, I have customers with things like this in play already (been working with a client today that has been using them very successfully for the past five years with an app that had impossible-to-work-with urls). One thing to consider is if you want to replace the original URL or provide a supplemental set of data.

I've lost count of the enhancement requests that we've shared with Sane/Unica/(IBM) over the past years, all I can say is that things do happen in the end, and often better thought-out than we'd ever hoped for.
This is a great list! I am sharing it with our NetInsight PM team as well.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Wendy Ertter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service