We have embedded a video in our website through Adobe Flash Player and we need to track the play, pause and volume control buttons in the video.

Please advise the stepwise procedure for tracking the video and it will be great if we have a sample event tag for video tracking.

Please help me on this.

Thank for your help in advance

Regards,

Venkatesh

Views: 108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The pagetag section of the admin guide shows you how to send events out of the flash environment (via fscommand if it's old or the ExternalInterface API if it's new).

Some flash players allow you to register a callback function that the flash component will trigger when, for example, someone presses the 'Play' button or when the video is finished. In this case you create a javascript function that then triggers ntptEventTag().

Make sure you consider the case if the video player has non-flash modes (via the HTML5 Video tag for example).

Which video player are you using?

Thanks Bob.

I will update you the flash player details once i get the information.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Venkatesh

Hi Bob,

The flash player we are using for the video is Adobe Flash Player.

Please help me to track the control button events like play, pause etc. It will be great if you provide the code for tracking the control button events.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Venkatesh

Welcome suggessions and recomendations from this group as well.

Please share the exact code if you have done it successfully with the implementation.

Thanks,

Venkatesh

The Adobe Flash Player is the browser plugin / runtime environment that your video player will be implemented in.

The video player will be something like 'JW Player'  or 'flowplayer'.

Can you tell us what your site is, or show us another site that uses the same player?

It is JW player and it supports the playback of Adobe Flash Player.

Thanks,
Venkatesh

Thankfully JW player has an API that will notify the Javascript environment about key events.

Take a look at the events section of the API documentation.

Reading from there, if your video is embedded as:

<div id='container'>Loading the player ...</div>

<script type='text/javascript'>
 jwplayer('container').setup({
 flashplayer: '/jwplayer/player.swf',
 file: '/uploads/video.mp4',
 height: 270,
 width: 480,
 });
</script>

you can find out about the play events with

<div id='container'>Loading the player ...</div>

<script type='text/javascript'>
 jwplayer('container').setup({
 flashplayer: '/jwplayer/player.swf',
 file: '/uploads/video.mp4',
 height: 270,
 width: 480,
 events: {
 onPlay: function(event) {
 ntptEventTag('ev=Video&action=Play&video=myvideo');
 }
 }
 });
</script>

For consistency I've used event syntax a little like the one that Lee proposed here - although you almost certainly would want to spend some time making this fit your requirements (you'll want to detect if it's a play event resulting from a user-action or a resumption of play after buffering.

Thank you so much Bob :)

Regards,

Venkatesh

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Wendy Ertter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service